1st Thematic area : Natural and tangible and intangible Cultural Heritage as Strategic Territorial Development Resources
The concepts of natural and cultural heritage and identity include a multitude of tangible as well as intangible components. The thematic area will focus on tangible components, such as natural & cultural landscapes, sites, monuments, cultural facilities etc. but also on more intangible components, such as events, identity, cultural jobs, intellectual productions, which are all considered as key assets for territorial development.
- Natural and cultural heritage as strategic territorial resources
- Natural and cultural heritage as resources that can boost economic growth and jobs
- Territorial aspects of natural and cultural heritage – role in territorial cohesion
- Societal aspects of natural and cultural heritage – role in social cohesion
- Natural and cultural heritage to encourage dialogue between different cultures
- Natural and cultural heritage to encourage dialogue between generations
- Nation and city branding
- European Green Belt and TEN-G (Transeuropean Networks- Green)
- Cross-border areas, natural and cultural heritage.
- Culture and Sustainability : a forth pillar ?